Mon - Thurs 08:30 AM - 5:00 PM

Fri 08:30 AM - 3:00 PM

#1 Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Northwest Arkansas

Most people don’t think that they will be injured while working at their jobs, but many people are injured or suffer work-related illnesses every year. 

According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2.9 million people in private industries suffered work-related nonfatal injuries and illnesses in 2016 alone. 

If you have suffered a personal injury or have contracted a work-related illness, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. 

An experienced workers’ compensation attorney can explain the different types of benefits, help you file your claim, and fight for you to recover the benefits to which you are rightfully entitled. Combined, we have more than 40 years of experience assisting our clients and helping them obtain the benefits they deserve.

Jarid Kinder and Craig Cook have 40 years of workers compensation experience.
Click here to book a FREE consultation with our experienced Workers’ Compensation Attorneys

Who Are Workers’ Compensation Benefits For?

Most employers in Arkansas and Oklahoma are mandated to carry workers’ compensation insurance coverage to protect their workers. This type of insurance provides benefits to people who are injured at work or who contract work-related illnesses or conditions.

In exchange for the availability of benefits, you cannot directly sue your employer. However, some employers and insurance companies try to dispute or deny valid claims for workers’ compensation benefits. 

Insurance companies may do this to reduce the amounts of money that they may be forced to pay, and employers do this to try to keep their premiums from increasing. 

A competent workers’ compensation attorney should be prepared to fight for you if your employer or the insurance company attempts to deny or dispute your claim.

What Are Workers’ Compensation Benefits?

Several different workers’ compensation benefits might be available if you have been injured at work or suffered a work-related illness. 

If you are a surviving spouse of a worker who was killed because of a work-related accident, you may also be eligible for benefits. 

A workers’ compensation lawyer can review your situation and advise you on the types of benefits for which you might be eligible. We can then help you submit your claim and advocate for your recovery.

The following types of benefits may be available to you if you have been injured or sickened at work:

Medical benefits under workers’ comp cover many different types of expenses. These benefits pay for surgeries, hospital costs, doctor visits, and medication. 

They also may cover any prosthetic devices that you need and therapy. However, experimental therapies and procedures are not covered, so you must make certain that you choose from the covered medical services. 

You do not have to use your own medical insurance or pay any copays when you have medical benefits coverage through workers’ compensation.

Many people need to undergo rehabilitation after suffering work-related injuries, including physical and emotional therapy. Workers’ compensation can cover these expenses along with the costs of any work-related retraining that you might require to qualify for a new job.

If your work-related illness or injury prevents you from returning to your job either temporarily or permanently, you may be eligible to receive weekly or monthly disability benefits for partial or total disabilities. 

A workers’ compensation attorney can explain the type and amount of disability coverage you might expect to receive.

Finally, if you are a surviving spouse or child of a worker who was killed while on the job, there are a number of different types of workers’ compensation benefits that might be available to you.

What Do You Do If You Have Suffered a Work Injury or Illness?

If you are injured in an accident while you are working, or you discover that your illness or condition was caused by your work conditions, there are several steps that you should take:

  • First, you should tell your employer about your work-related injury or accident as soon as possible. It is important for you to inform your employer quickly so that the statute of limitations does not expire. Your employer must explain the benefits you might receive within a few weeks.
  • Next, you should seek medical treatment. It is important for you to get a medical evaluation from a doctor. This can help determine the types of benefits for which you might be eligible.
  • Finally, you will need to file your claim. If your employer denies your claim or does not notify you about its status within 21 days, you will need to file your own benefits claim. It is best to work with a Workers’ Compensation lawyer when you file your claim, as the claims process can be complicated.
Man holding construction helmet.

Need Help?

Looking for Legal Service With Global Quality?

If you have suffered a work-related injury or illness in Alma, Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas, Fort Smith, Arkansas, Ozark, Arkansas, or Tulsa, Oklahoma, you need to talk to an experienced workers’ compensation attorney at the Law Offices of Craig L. Cook as soon as possible. 

Contact Us